Serves 6 people
15g Fresh Coriander
15g Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
2 tbsp Pureed Ginger1 tbsp Pureed Garlic
1.5 tbsp Palm Oil
1 tsp Veg Stock Paste
1 Large Onion (diced)
1/2 Red Bullet Chilli
50ml Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
185ml Coconut Milk
95g Creamed Coconut
4 Average Sized Tomatoes (diced)
1 Large Pinch Salt
1 Pinch Black Pepper
To make the Moqueca sauce:
1. Chop the coriander, parsley and the red chilli
2. Heat the palm oil in a pan with the ginger & garlic puree, chopped chilli and onions and cook until translucent, stir in the vegetable stock.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook slowly until tomatoes are soft, cook for approx. 10 minutes
4. Add the lime juice, coconut milk, coconut block, coriander, parsley & water, cook for approx. 15 minutes, add salt and pepper
To make the farofa:
Take 50g dessicated coconut and 50g Pan flour (you should be able to buy this online or at your local Las Iguanas). Toast in a pan until slightly turning colour and add a knob of butter and gently fry for a few minutes.
300ml Veg stock
200g Roasted Butternut Squash
360g Sliced Mixed peppers
250g Fine Green Beans
1 Tin of Palm Hearts (sliced)
1. Place the stock into a frying pan with the mixed sliced peppers & bring to the boil.
2. Simmer for a minute or two and add the fine green beans, spinach & palm hearts.
3. Add the Moqueca sauce to the pan and bring to simmer. The sauce should not be runny.
4. Serve with fried sweet plantain, rice pico de gallo & a crunchy coconut farofa.
Recipe courtesy of Las Iguanas