Recipe by Ali Alt of Baliboosta.com
1 heaped tbsp. chunky peanut butter
1 heaped tbsp. smooth peanut butter
2 slices of rye bread (or GF/ WF bread)
1 medium banana
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. tahini (Al Arz preferable)
15g dried banana chips
pinch sea salt (maldon sea salt if available)
10g cocoa nibs
10g black chia seeds
pinch sea salt
Method1. First, toast the bread.
2. Slice the banana width-ways into 1cm pieces.
3. Start with the chunky butter and spread over each piece of toast, then add the smooth butter and spread evenly.
4. Top the peanut butter layers with a layer of sliced banana.
5. In a small bowl, mix the maple and tahini. Check the consistency – it should be smooth, not gritty and pourable. If too thick, add a tsp. of water and mix.
6. Drizzle the tahini mixture over the banana slices.
7. Crush the dried banana pieces and sprinkle over the top, with the cocoa nibs and chia seeds.
8. Finally, add a pinch of sea salt.
9. For on the go, place the slices of toast on-top of each other!